- Focus group involves the discussion and interaction of a group of purposively sampled participants on a designated topic.
- Facilitator or moderator provides the topic or questions for reflection and discussion.
- It aims to capture participants’ perceptions, meanings, beliefs and attitudes in relation to social issues or social phenomena.
- Researcher needs to consider the context and participants’ different social positions when conducting group discussion.
- It uses open-ended questions to seek rich and detailed data.